You are responsible for managing and setting up event housing sites while providing our clients the best in class support experience. In addition you will also be responsible for collaborating with hotels and clients to ensure allocations are in check and the client is attrition free. You will work closely with the housing manager and their respective support teams.
Success in this role
After a short learning period, the successful candidate will be fully versed and be able to provide exceptional support with a deep knowledge of our housing management platform. You’ll be able to set up a reservation booking site using the client’s contracts, along with entering their inventory and setting up their requested room blocks.
In addition you will also be a liaison with the hotel and client to ensure communication and reports are current and all stakeholders are kept up to speed on the current status of their housing.
You will also be responsible for handling inbound support phone calls , responding to email inquiries and making outbound calls as needed.
All while working with your team in a meaningful and collaborative manner.
You’ll Make Us Better By
- Working with the Housing Manager and other departments on the execution of all contracted client services for conferences and tradeshows.
- Being a knowledgeable and skilled at setting up client sites using approved event contracts, setting up hotel inventory and requested room blocks.
- Being the main contact for contracted hotels; communicate all housing processes, create hotel logins, inquire about additional inventory
- Creating all hotel correspondence within the event platform.
- Overseeing all housing communications sent to attendees, exhibitors and groups
- Performing full hotel audits and review master billing provided by hotels to ensure accuracy before client provides payment
- Managing VIP requests, group and block reservations by phone and/or email.
- Promoting group codes or incentive campaigns to increase pick up while maintaining best user experience.
- Managing client staff/VIP rooming lists to ensure the most up to date billing information is communicated to the hotels.
- Focusing on clients end users to ensure they have a positive experience throughout the housing processes.
- Working closely with clients to understand their needs and manage their expectations with each events unique components, requirements and business logic.
- Ensuring objectives are achieved within prescribed time frame and satisfy their reporting and data requirements.
- Keeping the Housing Manager up to date with any end user issues and provide suggestions as to solutions to any challenges that may arise.
- Participating in regular tests to ensure site(s) functionality is as designed.
- Preparing and providing reports periodically to clients, exhibitors and hotels.
What You’ll Bring
- You are passionate and care about achieving results and reaching service excellence.
- You are customer service driven and proactive in making sure processes are understood and provided in a complete and comprehensive manner.
- You are extremely organized and possess the capacity to thrive while managing several projects concurrently.
- Working in a highly dynamic, fast paced, and rapidly changing environment brings out the best in you!
- You adapt well to change and constantly strive for improvement.
- You effectively prioritize and make sound decisions under pressure, while maintaining your professional demeanor.
- You are comfortable voicing your opinions and submitting ideas to your colleagues and leaders.
- Experience Prior hotel experience preferred, group hotel management will be an advantage.
- Event industry experience considered a strong asset.
- Have experience with customer service excellence and dealing with customer either in person or through email or by phone
- Skills Service excellence oriented, proactive, organized, flexible and resourceful.
- Ability to work on several complex projects occurring simultaneously requiring strong time management skills.
- An understanding of project management methodologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with very high attention to detail.
- Strong skills with data management and interpretation of data sets.
- Ability to learn and grasp new industry concepts and trends, as well as apply new best practices elements adapted to client needs.
- Ability to learn and excel with our proprietary housing software.
- Strong aptitude in working with technology and software.
- Understanding of IT and IS support infrastructure and troubleshooting an asset.
- Strong skills with Excel. Proficient in Google products including Gmail, Sheets, Docs, Slides with the ability to create reports and documentation.
- Comfortable and able to effectively facilitate discussions with internal and external stakeholders
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent English language verbal and written skills, French or Spanish second language verbal and written skills a bonus.
If you are interested, please attach (as a pdf) or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org